WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
HOW WE COLLECT THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We collect personal information directly from you unless it is impractical to do so.
We do this in the following ways:
- when you access and use our website;
- during conversations with our staff;
- when you complete a purchase order online, register an account, or make any other request for our merchandise (by phone, in person or electronically);
- when you register your product for warranty purposes;
- when you subscribe to our email service;
- when you enter a competition;
- when you submit an enquiry, or provide feedback to us;
- when you communicate with us directly by email, telephone, mail or any other means;
There are also certain situations in which we may collect personal information about you from someone else. For example we may collect information from third parties including public sources, our related companies, your organisation, your representatives and information service providers.
PURPOSE FOR COLLECTION
We only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary for a legitimate purpose of carrying out our business activities.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We collect and use your information to operate this website and to provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- to provide you with the merchandise you have ordered from us;
- to answer any questions you may have regarding your order or our merchandise in general and to provide you with information or advice;
- to create orders, transaction records, contracts for the sale of merchandise, accounts and tax invoices or receipts;
- provide your personal information to third parties (such as couriers and fulfillment providers) that assist us in delivering to you the merchandise you have ordered from us;
- to consider and respond to complaints made by you;
- to comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities; or
- internal record keeping.
We may also use the information to:
- improve our products and services;
- periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
- contact you for market research purposes (we may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail);
- customise the website according to your interests; or
- to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
You consent to your personal information being shared with third parties (such as couriers and fulfillment providers). Where such disclosures occurs, we shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that those third parties keep your personal information secure, and use your information only to perform the task for which we have engaged them.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you provide your consent to us doing so, we may use your personal information in order to keep you up to date with information about us and our products and services, or to provide you with special offers. You can opt out from receiving promotional material from us at any time by emailing us and requesting to be removed from our mailing lists.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will at all times take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Where personal information is held by us (or on our behalf) in electronic or physical form, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that such information is secure including by means of firewalls and password access.
When you access our website we may use a feature of your browser called a “Cookie”.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our Website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better Website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Website.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Disclosure of your personal information will only be made in circumstances where:
- it is done for the purpose for which it was collected;
- we are required to make such disclosure by law;
- you expressly consent to us making such disclosure; and
ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you wish to access, verify, correct or update any of your personal information collected by us, please contact our Privacy Officer by writing to, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact our Privacy Officer by writing to 72-76 Western Ave, Westmeadows VIC 3049, or emailing us at email@example.com or calling 1300 268 537. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We will at all times endeavor to assist you in respect of any queries you may have in relation to your personal information, however we reserve the right to refuse access to such information where permitted to do so by the National Privacy Principles.
MAKING A COMPLAINT
Once the Privacy Officer receives a complaint, the Privacy Officer will investigate the alleged breach. The investigator will endeavor to determine the nature of the breach and how it may have occurred. It may be necessary to contact you during the investigation to seek clarification. If a breach is found, the investigator will advise management so that systems can be put in place to ensure that no further breaches occur. We will endeavor to resolve any investigations within a reasonable time and will contact you with the outcome of the investigation.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to our Privacy Officer at 72-76 Western Ave, Westmeadows VIC 3049, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.